Regular MPH applicants should use the following guidelines to apply to the MPH program.
Regular MPH applicants may only apply for admission in the Fall semester. Application deadlines are as follows:
- November 15 (priority consideration)
- Supplemental materials are due by November 30.
- January 31 (regular consideration)
- Supplemental materials are due by January 31.
- April 1 (consideration on a space-available basis)
- Supplemental materials are also due by April 1.
- Online application. Applicants should select the MPH program.
- Personal statement, 1-2 pages, uploaded in the online application.
- Resume or CV, uploaded in the online application.
- Transcripts from any institution other than Virginia Tech from which you received or expect to receive a degree. Please upload scans of your official transcript in the online application.
- 3 academic or professional letters of recommendation, to be completed online or mailed to the department.
- GRE Scores. The institution code is 5859, and there is no department code. There is no minimum score for MPH applications; however, to ensure competitiveness, applicants are encouraged to have at least a score of 150 on the verbal section and 150 on the quantitative section.
- English language test (TOEFL or IELTS). Required from most international applicants. Please visit the Graduate School's website for more information.
When possible, application materials should be submitted electronically. If you need to submit paper materials, please send them to:
Population Health Sciences (0395)
205 Duck Pond Drive
Blacksburg, VA 24061