Virginia Tech Public Health Program
Virginia Tech's Public Health Program in the Department of Population Health Sciences is administered by the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine in partnership with the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and is accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health. The program currently offers the Master of Public Health (MPH) degree.
The 42-credit professional degree program integrates and expands public health offerings at Virginia Tech and enhances the university's track record of addressing vital public health issues through learning, discovery, and engagement.
The program is grounded in an interdisciplinary "One Health" approach. One Health recognizes the dynamic interdependence of human, animal, and environmental health and encompasses the interdisciplinary efforts of medical, veterinary, environmental health, and public health professionals to protect, promote, and improve health. Students gain the requisite knowledge and skills to examine the human, animal, and environmental factors that contribute to the control and prevention of disease and the promotion, enhancement, and maintenance of health.
Program at a Glance:
- Uniquely located in the Virginia-Maryland College of Veterinary Medicine
- Administered by the Department of Population Health Sciences
- Delivered in partnership with the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine
- MPH program was granted initial five-year accreditation by the Council on Education for Public Health on June 8, 2013
- First accredited MPH program in a veterinary college
- MPH program has two concentrations: public health education and infectious disease
- 42-credit MPH program requires two-year plan of study
- MPH program offers part-time options for mid-career professionals
- Simultaneous degrees with other Virginia Tech departments and programs
1/27/17 - Notice: For recent VT MPH applicants
Public Health Program
Dept. of Population Health Sciences
VA-MD College of Veterinary Medicine
205 Duck Pond Drive (0395)
Blacksburg, VA 24061