Core Functions & Essential Services of Public Health:
- Monitoring health status to identify and solve community health problems.
- Diagnosing and investigating health problems and health hazards in the community.
- Inform, educate, and empower people about health issues.
- Mobilize community partnerships to identify and solve health problems.
- Develop policies and plans that support individual and community health efforts.
- Enforce laws and regulations that protect health and ensure safety.
- Link people to needed personal health services and assure the provision of healthcare when otherwise unavailable.
- Assure a competent public health and personal health- care workforce.
- Evaluate effectiveness, accessibility, and quality of personal and population-based health services.